• 2022-01-24

    How to Get Partner Visa in Australia

    Having issue to stay in Australia? AHL Legal can help you to get a partner visa! Miss C had engaged with AHL Legal for to sponsor her husband, Mr W’s, partner visa application. Mr W had held no v
  • 2021-10-05

    Are you still struggling with obtaining a Chinese Police Clearance in Australia?

    Are you still struggling with obtaining a Chinese Police Clearance in Australia?We understand why you are struggling:1. You must apply PERSONALLY at the Notary Public Office or at the local police sta
  • 2021-09-24

    How to get a Chinese Police Clearance Certificate in Australia?

    If you live in China before, when you apply for an Australian visa, or some other use (teaching and government Job hunting, child adoption), they may need you to provide a Chinese Police Clearance Cer
  • 2021-08-17

    How to notarize a document in China?

    Do you have Chinese documents need to be recognized by the Australian government? Are you struggling with how to notarize a document in China? Getting a document notarized in China may seem like
  • 2021-08-10

    How to get notarial documents recognised in China?

    Do you have documents that need to be recognized in China? Are you looking for notary public to notarized your documents? We are here to help! According to international and China's consular
  • 2021-07-27

    Protest rights in the Covid-19 pandemic

    Last Saturday, thousands people gathered in Sydney to hold anti-lockdown protest. Hundreds of fines have been issued and dozens charged. 
Do people have protest rights in the COVID-19 Pandemic?&n
  • 2021-07-16

    Staying apart to stay together

    Dear Customers,The COVID-19 pandemic has been dynamic and intense for all of us in the past weeks. Our first priority has been to help our customers around the community to keep them safe. In complian
  • 2021-07-15

    Transfers of options to purchase land

    Transfers of options to purchase land A transfer of an option to purchase land in NSW is a dutiable transaction under the Duties Act 1997 (NSW) (Duties Act).  Also, under section 9B a deemed
  • 2021-07-15

    When should you start writing a will?

    When should you start writing a will? Think you are too young to make a will? Think you have nothing of value worth passing on? That’s actually not true. There ARE important things that can be conside
  • 2021-07-07


    Compliance Our compliance program focuses on individual transactions and electronic duties returns (EDR) clients who assess documents on behalf of customers.   Initiatives include:
  • 2021-07-01

    Landholder duty

    Landholder duty   You may be liable for landholder duty when you acquire shares or units in a company or unit trust which owns land (‘landholder’). A landholder is a unit trust sch
  • 2021-06-24

    Family transfers

    Family transfers Transfers between family members are liable to transfer duty, however some transfers may qualify for an exemption or concession.   If you’ve already paid transfer
  • 2021-06-17

    Deceased estate transfers

    Deceased estate transfers If you have received property from a deceased estate “in accordance with the terms of the will”  you will pay transfer duty at a concessional rate of $50.
  • 2021-06-10

    Buying a business

    Buying a business When you buy a business in NSW, you must pay transfer duty if the sale includes land or an interest in land, such as a lease. If it does, you may also need to pay transfer
  • 2021-06-03

    Surcharge purchaser duty

    Surcharge purchaser duty If you’re classified as a foreign person, you must pay an eight per cent surcharge on the value of any residential land you buy. This is known as surcharge purchaser
  • 2021-05-20

    Buying off-the-plan

    Buying off-the-plan Buying off-the-plan is when you enter into a contract or transfer to buy residential property, where the home is to be erected or developed before the contract or transfer is
  • 2021-05-13

    First home buyers

    First home buyers First Home Buyers Assistance Scheme As a first home buyer in NSW, you may be eligible for a full or partial exemption on transfer duty (previously known as stamp duty) unde
  • 2021-05-06

    Buying a property

    When you buy a property in NSW, you may have to pay taxes and duties. We’ve set out some of the more common ones below, as well as our process for assessing them.   You can use the resi
  • 2021-04-29

    Pay your transfer duty

    Pay your transfer duty After your solicitor or conveyancer has lodged your assessment, we'll send them a duties notice of assessment, with the total tax (duty and any interest) payable and th
  • 2021-04-22

    Lodging applications

    Lodging applications The laws and regulations that govern property transactions can be complex and the consequences of making a mistake can be severe.   Using a qualified solicitor